Habitat ReStore Donations
We pick up your donations for free! Contact us: 518.395.3412 ext. 101
Donating to the Habitat ReStore is an EASY way to support Schenectady Habitat!
- Do you have furniture or home goods that you no longer need?
- Left-over building materials from your home improvement project?
- Storage space or warehouse full of overstocked items?
If you can not drop off your donations, we will pick them up from your home or business for FREE and provide you with a donation receipt for tax purposes! Our friendly drivers are happy to pick up items that are available on the first, ground level, or outside of your home or business.
All donated items are resold to the public, and we use all proceeds to continue building and repairing affordable housing in Schenectady County.
When you donate to the ReStore, you enjoy a tax deduction, help provide our community with a source of low-cost building materials, furniture and home goods, and save materials from going into landfills.
Schedule a Pick-Up!
Call us about your donation at 518.395.3412 ext. 101 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: Our donation pickup schedule can fill up quickly so please call in advance. Our drivers always have the final right of refusal for any donated items, and can decline to accept an item at the pickup location.
You are welcome to drop off your donations at the Schenectady Habitat ReStore during normal store hours.
The ReStore is open:
- Tuesday from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Wednesday from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Thursday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Friday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Saturday from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
The ReStore is located at 115 N. Broadway in downtown Schenectady, NY.
What can you donate?
Please see the lists below. All donated items must be in good condition, with no major repairs needed. If you’re scheduling a pick-up, we ask that you please clean and uninstall all donations before we arrive. The ReStore cannot accept used mattresses or box springs. Thank you!
Donations we accept:
- Living Room
- Upholstered furniture
- Coffee and end tables
- Art and home decor
- Kitchen cabinets
- Appliances (less than 15 years old)
- Dinette sets
- Framed mirrors
- Ceiling fixtures
- Outdoor lighting
- Dining Room
- Dining tables and chairs
- Buffet and china cabinets
- Bath cabinets/sink vanities
- Bath fixtures
- Tools and Building Materials
- New lumber
- Power and hand tools
- Doors and windows
Donations we cannot accept:
- Sleeper sofas
- Mattresses & Box springs
- Curtains & beddings
- Unframed glass or mirrors
- Aluminum storm Windows
- Partial cans of paint
- Oil based paint
- Pesticides & hazardous materials
- Baby and child Items/furniture
- Particle board furniture
- TV’s, computers & monitors
- Appliances in disrepair or of significant age
- Anything broken